Transitioning from treatment for a substance use disorder to regular life as you once knew it could be a challenging and emotional path. It can be difficult to always make the wisest and safest decisions during this delicate yet pivotal time. A sober home in Massachusetts can help you bridge the gap between the Boston, MA rehab programs you need to get clean and the familiar home environment you are eager to rejoin.
Sober living homes provide a stable and supportive environment for people in early recovery. These homes typically have several residents who are all working towards similar goals of sobriety and independence. Residents are expected to follow specific rules and guidelines, such as abstaining from drug and alcohol use, attending group meetings, and participating in regular chores. Sober living homes provide structure and support that can be vital in early recovery when people are working to establish new sober routines.
If you or someone you love is currently getting the treatment and could benefit from the transition to sober living homes in Massachusetts, contact Greater Boston Addiction Centers. Reach out online or call us at 877.920.6583 today to learn how our sober houses in Mass can play a part in your ongoing recovery journey.
What Is A Sober House?
The adrenaline rush of freedom that can accompany a return to everyday life after addiction treatment can derail your recovery progress and cause a dangerous relapse. Reentering the same world straight from a rehab program means immediately navigating an environment where negative influences may still exist, traumatic memories lie in wait, and dangerous triggers lurk. Many people in recovery feel unprepared for this big step.
Sober living homes in Massachusetts are the halfway point to bridge this gap in a smart, safe way, thereby reducing the risk of relapse. Sober houses in Mass will ease your transition from residential treatment back into a stable and sober living environment at home. You will continue to receive all the support, guidance, and even some of the structure you have relied upon during treatment to keep you focused on sobriety. This will make it less challenging to ease your way into the joys of an independent and healthy life free of drugs and alcohol.
The clients at Greater Boston Addiction Centers sober houses in Mass have each completed a successful medical detox for their substance use disorder, had dual-diagnosis to identify any other issues at the root of their drug use, and a professional treatment program with counseling and life skill development. One of the main requirements for staying in sober living homes in Massachusetts is to remain clean, sober, and on the positive path toward a healthier and happier life.
In addition to attending therapy while in sober houses in Mass, you may:
- Go to your job
- Go to school
- Learn and practice mindfulness
- Attend counseling sessions
- Help make the home clean and inviting for others
The Benefits of Sober Houses in Massachusetts
There are countless benefits of transitional housing, like sober living homes in Massachusetts. They offer a safe, sober living environment that will allow residents to:
- Continue progressing toward recovery goals
- Receive continuous support
- Get the guidance you still require to stay sober
- Receive monitoring
- Build a routine with rules
- Learn to treat yourself and others with kindness
- Be accountable
- Get screened for substances
- Reduce the chance of a relapse
- Receive job placement assistance
- Receive housing placement assistance
- Learn how to set and maintain boundaries
- Learn how to foster and maintain healthy relationships
- Make friends
- Develop a support network of peers who understand your journey
Making the transition from a substance use disorder to a sober life is not an easy path. Still, sober houses in Mass help pave the bumpy road ahead by offering many benefits that will be useful to you in your recovery efforts. The sense of community that comes from living and sharing a space with others can help you regain confidence and develop healthier social skills.
Paying for Sober Homes in Massachusetts
The cost of sober living homes varies depending on a number of factors. In general, sober living homes are more affordable than treatment programs or private housing options. Sober living homes typically require residents to pay rent on a monthly basis, which covers the cost of rent, utilities, and other necessary expenses. Some sober living homes also require residents to pay a security deposit.
Some of the factors affecting the cost of sober living homes include:
- Location: Sober living homes are typically located in safe, residential neighborhoods. This allows residents to be close to public transportation, grocery stores, and other necessary resources.
- Amenities: Most sober living homes offer shared bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen and living room area, and laundry facilities. Some homes also offer private bedrooms, cable television, and Wi-Fi access.
- House rules: Residents of sober living homes are typically required to follow specific rules and guidelines, such as abstaining from drug and alcohol use, attending group meetings, and participating in regular chores.
Learn More at Greater Boston Addiction Centers
As you move through your treatment, discover how sober living homes in Massachusetts through Greater Boston Addiction Centers can be a safe space for you to successfully transition back into everyday society. Contact us using our secure online form or call us confidentially at 877.920.6583 today.